Monday 2 April 2012

DAY TEN: slight bump in the road

Hello,

I'm posting so soon because something exciting happened! Yes, exciting! Well as exciting as something with regards to skin can be.
Anywho, what happened was this whole morning my forehead and nose skin had been itchy and it burned after I itched it. I'm pretty sure I developed dandruff on my face (is that possible?), which is gross but not surprising because I haven't been washing my face. You see, what happened was I have a buildup of dead skin all over my face (note: I work out everyday) so I suppose bacteria has been growing, leading my skin to flake off yellow dry flakes (ew!). It feels and looks like I have eczema in these areas.
What did I do about it?! What I did to my forehead and nose was put a "mask" of whole plain yogurt. Yogurt has anti-bacterial properties as well as moisturising properties. I left it on for fifteen minutes. Then with water I washed those parts of my face clean of the yogurt, careful not to get water anywhere else on my face, and patted dry with a towel.
My skin isn't burning anymore. It's still noticeably eczema-like, though. Hopefully that calms down. If it becomes unbearable again I may put some extra virgin olive oil on my forehead and nose before I go to sleep tonight.
This minor set-back is making me consider breaking one of my rules permanently: no washing with water. If my skin is itchy tomorrow like it was today I will start washing my face with water at night. Or maybe every few days. Or maybe whenever my face seems to want it. Oh, I don't know! We'll see.

Bye for now.

-Cavewoman

No comments:

Post a Comment